Frequently Asked Questions: 2012 – 2013 Resident Renewal
(1) I'm not getting into the license renewal website when I enter my username and password. What's wrong?
- Ensure that you are entering your full six-digit username (CPSNS registration number), which always begins with a zero.
- Note that usernames and passwords are case-sensitive.
- If you can’t remember your password please click on “Forgotten Your Password”, enter your six-digit registration number and e-mail address. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you.
- If the above solutions don’t work, try logging in later. The site may be working at full capacity or undergoing maintenance.
(2) The renewal page looks unusual and/or behaves strangely on my computer. What's the problem?
The renewal page has been optimized for Windows Internet Explorer. Applicants encountering problems while using Firefox, Opera, Chrome or other web browsers are encouraged to use Windows Internet Explorer.
(3) How do I know my payment and renewal form have arrived at the College?
Successful online license renewal will generate a dated credit / debit card receipt that will be e-mailed to the address you supplied in the online license renewal process.
(4) I don’t require an educational license in Nova Scotia for the 2012/2013 academic year. What should I do?
If you do not require an educational license for 2012 / 2013 please contact the College at firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you are completing your training program and are interested in obtaining a Full License in Nova Scotia please consult the College website for an application package. (http://cpsns.ns.ca/FullRegistration.aspx)
Please note that license cancellations cannot be processed online.
(5) When do I have to renew my license?
Educational Licenses for the 2012 / 2013 academic year can be renewed from May 1, 2012 to May 31, 2012. The fee is $100.00 and can be paid with Visa, American Express, MasterCard or with your banking card (debit).
Educational Licenses renewed after May 31, 2012 will be charged a $25.00 late fee in addition to the $100.00 fee.
(6) When will my new membership card and receipt arrive?
The College no longer issues membership cards and receipts by mail. Once your payment and online renewal form have been processed by the College you will be sent an e-mail notification indicating that you can obtain confirmation of your 2012/2013 registration renewal and a receipt for the fee submitted using the Physician Services Page on the College website. The College recommends that you allow 48 hours processing time before printing your receipt and confirmation of re-registration.
(7) My question hasn't been answered here. What should I do?
Please phone the College at (902) 422-5823, toll-free at 1-877-282-7767, or e-mail email@example.com