HomeRegistration & LicensingMedical Corporation PermitRenewing a Corporation Permit
Corporation permits must be renewed annually with the College. Corporation permits are renewed by the medical director of the corporation.
Physicians are also required to renew their licence to practise medicine annually.
If you have not renewed your corporation permit by December 31, 2017 the permit will expire.
Please be advised that any physician whose practice income flows through this corporation could be subject to adverse tax consequences as a result.
To reactivate a permit after this date, the medical director of the corporation must contact the College at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation of corporation permits cannot be processed online. If you plan to discontinue your permit effective January 1, 2018, please notify the College in writing or by email email@example.com.
We have compiled answers to the questions most commonly asked by physicians when annually renewing their corporation permit.
Corporation Permit Renewal: Frequently Asked Questions
Can I renew my corporation permit and annual licence at the same time?
Yes. Both renewals can be completed during the same session.
Online renewal of your corporation permit and your medical licence will open on November 1 and close at midnight on December 31, 2017.
Physicians who have not renewed their corporation permit before the deadline will have their corporation permit suspended and will not be able to practise medicine under that corporation.
What is the fee and deadline for renewing my corporation permit?
2018 Corporation Permit Fees:
What if I don't need a permit for 2018?
Permit cancellations cannot be processed online.
If you plan to discontinue your permit effective January 1, 2018, please notify the College in writing or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information do I need to have in hand before I renew my permit?
1. Email address on file with the College to log-in online and to receive a confirmation of permit renewal and receipt.
2. List of physicians currently practising within the corporation(s).
3. A Visa, Master Card or Visa Debit, including the expiry date and 3-4 digit security number (CVC), or a debit card number (Scotiabank, RBC, BMO or TD only). If your payment does not go through, please contact your banking institution directly.
How do I renew my corporation permit?
1. Please visit the College’s website at www.cpsns.ns.ca and click on Member Services in the top right corner of the screen.
2. You will then be asked to login to begin your corporate permit renewal. Login information required:
3. On the Member Services page please select Renew Your Permit to Practise within a Corporation.
4. Follow the instructions for completing your permit renewal and payment of fees.
If you do not have access to a computer to submit your renewal, the College can provide secure computer access and assistance at its offices between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. from November 1 to December 22, 2017.
What if I encounter problems with my online renewal?
For technical assistance, call:
During business hours
How do I obtain a confirmation of permit renewal and receipt?
Upon approval of your application and receipt of your payment, you will receive a confirmation email from the College. This email will include confirmation of renewal and your receipt.
2017 Fee Schedule (PDF - 3 pages)
2018 Fee Schedule (PDF - 3 pages)
Practising Medicine in Nova Scotia: A Physician Checklist (PDF - 7 pages)
Change in Clinical Scope of Practice: Frequently Asked Questions (PDF - 6 pages)