HomeRegistration & LicensingPostgraduate Training LicenceRenewing a Postgraduate Training Licence
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fee and deadline for renewing my Nova Scotia Postgraduate Training Licence?
Will renewing my Postgraduate Training Licence automatically renew my Postgraduate Practising Licence (Resident Moonlighting)?
I didn't receive an email notification to renew my Postgraduate Training Licence. Should I contact the College?
What if I don't need a Postgraduate Training Licence for the upcoming academic year?
How does the renewal process work?
What if I have problems logging on to the website to renew?
How do I obtain a confirmation of licence renewal and receipt?
Is technical assistance available?
Licence Fees and Deadlines
The College will send you an email notification when renewal opens. It is important that you notify the College of changes to your email address.
The online renewal option is not available after May 31, 2017. If you do not renew your licence, you cannot continue in your training program at Dalhousie University.
No. A Postgraduate Practising Licence (resident moonlighting) automatically expires on June 30 every year. If you plan to work outside of your training program during the upcoming academic year, you will need to apply for a Postgraduate Practising Licence.
Yes. If you did not receive the renewal notification email, the College may not have your correct email address on file. Contact renewal support at 902-482-5825 to confirm your email address.
If you receive an email notification from the College to renew your Postgraduate Training Licence but do not require a training licence in Nova Scotia for the upcoming year, please contact the College via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are completing your training program and are intending to practise in Nova Scotia, please visit the Registration and Licensing section on the College website for information on obtaining a licence to practise.
Annual licence renewal is a secure, online-only process that takes approximately 5 minutes to complete. Please note that you cannot renew your Postgraduate Training Licence via mail or in-person at the College.
1. Click on Member Services.
2. Log-in using:
3. Click on Renew Your Postgraduate Training Licence and follow the on-screen instructions for completing the renewal form and payment of fees.
4. A Save and Pay Later option enables you to save the information you enter and return later to complete the form and initiate payment. Your responses will be saved until the online renewal closes on May 31, 2017. Note that renewals not completed by May 22, 2017 will be subject to a $50.00 late fee.
5. Fee payment through the online form can be made by Visa, MasterCard, Visa Debit or debit/bank card (Scotiabank, BMO, RBC and TD only).
6. Once the College has reviewed and approved your renewal form, you will receive a confirmation of renewal via email along with your receipt.
The renewal page has been optimized for Windows Internet Explorer, and may not function correctly with other internet browsers.
1. Be sure that you have entered your e-mail address correctly. It is important that you notify the College of changes to your email address.
2. Your password is case-sensitive. If you have logged into Member Services in the past, you should already have a password.
3. If you do not have a password or you have forgotten your password:
A confirmation of licensure and receipt will be forwarded to you via e-mail once the College has reviewed and approved your renewal.
Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
You can also send an e-mail to email@example.com.
2017 Fee Schedule (PDF - 3 pages)
Compliance with College Policies and Guidelines
Practising Medicine in Nova Scotia: A Physician's Checklist
(PDF - 7 pages)